Articles in this section
Section 1: Start Shift
- Post logging into the Point Of Sale, the user needs to start the shift to begin the operations.
- Tap on the Shift tab.
Enter the clerk's name and the starting cash under Start Shift details
Post entering the details, the Start Shift tab will be activated.
5. Tap on Start Shift and proceed to assign drawers to the clerks.
6. The users with the Owner, Manager & Cashier template will only have access to the Start shift and End shift and see all the tabs on the Point Of Sale/RetailKey.
The Start Shift tab enables the user to access all the functions of the Point Of Sale/RetailKey application.
Certain functionalities will be disabled unless the start shift is done and the drawer is assigned.
Section 2: End Shift
Before logging out of the system, the user needs to end the shift.
1. Tap on Shift and then tap on Confirm Drop.
2. End shift screen will show the following line items
- The screen will show the cash in hand and the drop amount details.
- The user needs to drop the amount and end the shift.
**If the user has not ended the shift on the system before logging out, the total cash and check payments made during the shift would automatically be dropped and the shift will be closed out when the system performs Night Audit.